Vacation Fund







Well today started out looking like a great Saturday. The plan was for Jason to take the kids to ride bikes and play at the park while I got to enjoy uninterrupted time to clean. A few hours into my wonderful time to myself I get a phone call from Jason wanting to know where he should take Clayton to get stitches. Of course I panic and kind of freak out, but eventually calm down enough to send him to an Urgent Care facility in Montgomery. Another hour goes by and he calls me back because I sent him to the middle of no where and Clayton is asleep. So they go ahead and come home while I make some phone calls. I think to myself well I have butterfly band aids and neosporin, maybe we can avoid stitches since our insurance hasn't kicked in yet. Then they get home and I try not to look shocked when I see Clayton for the first time. He was climbing on the playground equipment and on his way up he tripped and landed on the corner of the bottom metal step. It looked like there was a hole in his forehead and you could see the bone- that is a little beyond my capabilities to patch up. So a few more phone calls and another hour later we were in the emergency room. Now that they have private emergency rooms that give discounts to non-insurance carriers there was no wait, and we looked so pitiful that the kind Dr. waved the cost of the CAT Scan he deemed absolutely necessary. Luckily it only took several stitches and lots of promises for ice cream and movies mixed in with some impressive screaming to get Clayton all fixed up. Of course then it took us another hour and a half of driving to find a McDonald's so we could get ice cream before dinner. Low and behold we are now all completely exhausted and out our $500 we were saving for a vacation to Sea World:) But at least Clayton is ok, and that is more important than all the money in the world.

4 comments:

Aleasha said...

Poor little guy. I could only see the first picture, but he looks so brave! Miss seeing you!

Larman Family said...

Thanks! I am sooo sad that we moved out of Dallas before ya'll moved back! If you ever want to go camping you will have to come visit us. Does Josh still have family in Houston? I wish I could get to know your sweet little angel girls.

Amanda Brown said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am so sorry, Christina! What a scary day. I am so glad that things worked out at the hospital and that the doctor was so generous. :) Doctors are wonderful. I am impressed you had a butterfly bandage at home too! I hope Clayton is feeling better. xoxoxo

Larman Family said...

Thanks Amanda. Every time I look at Clayton I just want to hold him close- which is bad because he already gets away with more than he should. I am soooo grateful it was Jason with him at the park and not me. I would not have been so calm and that would have been harder for Clayton. Thank God for good Dads.