MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

For us Memorial day is more of a long extended weekend than just one Holiday! Sara started her weekend on Thursday by staying home from school Thursday and Friday because we were too Sunburnt to leave the air conditioning!(Life of a mom is sooo rough when you are forced to spend all day in the sun playing field day games and swimming:) After working hard to relax and recooperate from sunburns, we spent Saturday watching Jason finish fixing my car. Here is what it looked like before, just in case you forgot.

He did a great job and after a coat of paint it will look great! He built the bumper himself making sure it was super strong just in case this should happen again. He worked hard and put a lot of time and effort into it, but I just couldn't accept a car back after crashing it at 60 miles per hour. Not that there is anything still wrong with it, I just can't get over seeing the air bag hit me in the face- I am sure I am just crazy.
 

Anyways, since I just couldn't bear to keep the Discovery we began car shopping. And found this:

And while it isn't my dream car which I also found

It is $1000 less, two years newer with only 20,000 miles, and the most important- a 5 star crash test rating. So we welcomed my first mom looking car into the family. The listing actually listed it as an actual "old lady car":0
Then of course we had to do what every other Texan does on Memorial day does and go out on the lake! The great thing is the lake that my mom lives on doesn't get crowded because it is in the middle of no where. Clayton didn't mind the jet ski, and Sara had a blast as long as we went over 40mph!
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

All in all I would say it was pretty successful weekend in which we all enjoyed. Oh, and it also marks the end of me having a husband and the kids having a dad until August:(

No comments: