No Tears, Just Smiles!

 

 

 

For the first time ever I had to wake my little angel up from a sound sleep at 6am. The first of many early mornings for her. She kept telling me mom it is just too early. She had a great morning with plenty of time to get ready for her first day of school and eat her favorite breakfast; fried eggs and toast.
Then we were able to go pick up her best friend Lucy up and head off across town to her new school. It is sooo big. My biggest fear is she is going to get lost. I can barely find my way around. She practiced all morning on how to say her teachers name, Mrs. Mutreja, pronounced Moo tray ja. I also made her memorize her classroom number just in case she gets out of place. Once we got to school she found a few familar faces including John Clark and Zoe Hastings, both people she knows from attending church, and both great kids to know in school. And then we dropped her off after a few pictures and headed over to let Clayton eat a donut while I visited with other moms in the PTA. As we started home Clayton continued to ask, "Me ride on bus now?" Not yet, I am not ready to give up my baby boy quite yet.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda Brown said...

Oh goodness! I am not ready to give my daughter away! Just hide Clayton in the closet and then he won't have to go too. ;-) Just kidding. What a nice first day of school. Looks like all of you fared wonderfully! Congratulations!