Piercing


Yesterday as I am driving my daughter to her preschool assessment we had this conversation...
"Mom, I want to get my tongue pierced."
"What!"(hoping this is not an actual conversation I am having with my 4 year old)
"I want to pierce my tongue."
"Well good luck with that"
"I also want to pierce my belly button, my nose, and my lips."
What the crap! How does a four year old even know about body piercing? Then it occurred to me that a few weeks ago we went to a pool party for Brynlee, and instead of playing with the other kids she wandered way over to the other side of the pool to make friends with some chic drinking a beer by the pool who had a belly ring. Which really makes me worry about what my wonderful princess has in store for her future.

4 comments:

Aleasha said...

YIKES!!! Yikes to the picture! And double Yikes to Sara's comments! Good luck with that!!! :)

ps.. I am coming to Texas in a few weeks. I would really like to see you and those cute kiddos of yours!

Unknown said...

Yeah...not sure what I would have said to that either...aren't kids great!

Amber Ayres said...

maybe she'll get it out of her system early? then you'll have an easy teenager!

great job getting rid of clayton's bottle! proud of you!

April & Anthony Callison said...

umm...i'm pretty sure that pic will scare her...or at least it did me. yuck!